The Bachelor of Science in Health Science degree will provide both traditional and non-traditional students the opportunity to complete a degree as a completion to many of the Health Science Associate of Applied Science degrees, and also serve as a stand-alone bachelor degree in the health science field. All BSHS courses include a full semester course work completed online in 7 weeks.
The content of the program is particularly appropriate for students applying for, or waiting to be accepted into, a health science program. The major will enable students to graduate with a bachelor degree and make application to a master degree program. The multiple degree pathways, and flexibility in the many pathways incorporated in the degree, will cater to many different types of students and will provide students with the knowledge for entry into a variety of health science professions, careers, and graduate opportunities; cultivate personal development, growth, and commitment to lifelong learning; and finally, develop interpersonal skills, communication skills, and professional attitudes needed to interact in the health care communities
Program Learning Outcomes
1. The student will be knowledgeable of legal and ethical decision-making and future trends with health related professions and careers.
2. The student will be knowledgeable of psychological, social, and physical health science concepts that influence local and global communities.
3. The student will be knowledgeable of basic administrative techniques, models and tools, with respect to health care management finance and leadership.
4. The students will have the ability to analyze local and global health topics that influence disease treatment, legislation, prevention, and outcomes.
5. The student will be able to demonstrate effective written skills in topics related to the health science.
6. The student will develop the ability to analyze and interpret research as related to health professions and current trends in health care.