The four-year Management Bachelor of Science in Business degree is designed to provide students with a broad understanding of the business field. A broad-based general education precedes an extensive education in management and its various areas, providing the successful graduate with the tools necessary for a career in management or the pursuit of graduate studies.
Students learn skills and techniques to enhanced their level of decision-making, interpersonal skills, leadership, organizational skills, and communication. They gain hands-on experience through the various software and technical tools available. They have the opportunity to explore management through projects and internships with actual businesses and organizations. Those interested in starting their own business have access to entrepreneurial speakers, workshops, and support at the Kricker Innovation Hub.
US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook reports the job outlook for 2018-2028 (average growth is 6%) for the following Management areas:
- Administrative Services Manager: 7% increase, May 2019 Median salary $ 96,940, Number of jobs: 300,200
- Executives: 6% increase, May 2019 Median salary $ 104,690, Number of jobs: 2,639,500
- HR Managers: 7% increase, May 2019 Median salary $ 116,720, Number of jobs: 152,100
- PR/Fundraiser Managers: 8% increase, May 2019 Median salary $ 116,180, Number of jobs: 81,200
Information on more occupational outlooks and opportunities can be found at the Federal Government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Our graduates find employment in careers fields such as:
- Middle or Upper Management
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- State or Federal employment
- Non-profit organizations
- International businesses
- Training Manager
2 + 2
Students who earn an Associate in Applied Business in Business Management Technology are able to pursue a Bachelors in Business Administration in Management as a 2+2 plan (two years to earn the associates, two more years to earn the bachelors).
Candidate for Accreditation - International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).